This weekend I had booked onto a weekend workshop to start my first ever commission! You may recognise the design as its the same as a panel I did last year, the brief however was to change the colours to purples & pinks.
I originally considered using the pink that I’d used for my mermaid body (she’s coming on well but still lots more water & one more fish to lead).
but was worried it would be too pale to hold its own against the purple and the frosted glass I had chosen for the background. The answer however came from the fuchsia of the fish, I decided to use that as a border to pick up the purple and found a stronger pink that would fit with that. I managed to get both dragonflies soldered
but because I was a bit under he weather didn’t get to do much leading (only the border). Will be finishing the mermaid first & then my focus will switch back to the dragonfles. While I was fiddling with colours the rest of the class were cracking on with copper foil:
This piece as you might be able to tell was a restoration but almost every piece within it was painted, it was stunning and one of a pair (ohh beautiful thing).
The below didn’t actually reach leading stage but it was all in the preparation (each piece/diamond had to be exactly the same before leading, it will look amazing when its done).
And because there is no rest for the wicked I had my usual Monday class as well (love the Monday group, they are brilliant!).
Spike fiddling with tiny copper foil:
Angela’s experimental copper foil light
Finished flower light fitting.
Hectic week at work then its glass painting time again (its all go around here at the mo!).